FREE BIODYNAMIC FIELD DAY FOR ORCHARD MANAGEMENT–BELLINGEN, 13 JULY, 2018
Winter is the time for pruning and planting and we have an amazing line-up of practitioners who are coming together to share their immense and varied knowledge on growing and maintaining fruit trees. Come and be inspired by:-
– Ian Clarke from Victoria, a third generation orchardist and commercial orchardist for 30 years in New Zealand. Pruning for 56 years, he successfully managed everything from new trees to pear trees planted in 1863,
– Angus Deans, with experience in farm management, orcharding and regenerative agriculture, and
– Kym Green a fifth generation fruit producer from South Australia, who started down the biological path in 2000 and incorporated biodynamic farming practices in 2005.
In addition to the above the team from Bellingen’s local biodynamic agriculture team will be on hand to further discuss biodynamic practices, other treatments and results that can be achieved.
Topics to be covered include:-
• farm walk, site selection, soil preparation and planting
• the biodynamic preparations and how to use them
• making farm based fertilisers and how to use them
• tree renovation and tree paste application
• pruning, netting, feeding and harvesting
• pest and disease control
• care for and use of tools
Bring along your problems. We may be able to provide a solution. Bring along your solutions too, as you may be able to help someone out. Our field days are as much about learning as they are about teaching!
ADDRESS: Possumwood Farm, 92 Mahers Lane, Bellingen, NSW
DATE: Friday, 13 July, 2018
TIME: 9:30 – 3:30pm
COST: FREE! – includes morning tea and complimentary Soil Activator – BYO Lunch
Please register for catering purposes and any questions on 6655 0566